Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." - MLK

One of my favorite quotes spoken by the remarkable Martin Luther King, Jr. When I read this quote, I not only think of the injustices taking place the world over but I am reminded of all the amazing people who wholeheartedly believe in freedom and equality and have fought with their lives for human and civil rights.  It brings me hope that one day people will wake up and understand that Palestine is no different...Power to the people!

Below, a series of photos I took throughout Palestine. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, with my short captions I hope I can bring truth to many of you...

Pictured above, an outpost of the most vicious kind (soon to be settlement?) whose residents have invaded Palestinian olive groves and set fire to them. Notice the black, charred land post-fire.

Olive groves no more. Burnt land post-fire set by extremist settlers

Children selling fruit in Jenin

Children playing in al-Azzeh camp

Keys to the home in Beit Jibreen that a Palestinian family fled in 1948 (the village was turned into a Kibbutz by the state of Israel).

Above and below: Signage in Manger Square, Bethlehem


Below: Art from the Apartheid Wall in Bethlehem




















No comments:

Post a Comment